Deer Antler Crafts and Crafting Supplies
If you have a knack for crafting items with your hands, you should consider using antlers in your next project. Since antlers are essentially made of durable bone, they're perfect for countless different projects. Whether you want to make a picture frame or piece of jewelry is up to you. The bottom line is that your imagination is the limit when it comes to crafting items with deer antlers.
Feel free to browse our current listings of deer antler crafts and crafting supplies directly below. These are antlers and antler items that are ideal to use in crafts, such as full shed antlers, antler pieces, bulk antlers and many other types. Whatever your deer antler project requires, you're sure to find it here! Just scroll through through the available items below and click on the ones you're interested in to learn more.
20 Deer Antler Burrs Basesor Buttons Great for Drawer Pulls or Other Crafts
Time Remaining: 3h 5m
Buy It Now for only: $23.50
9 Deer Antler Dog Chew Treats Crafts Stag
$11.50 (2 Bids)
Time Remaining: 1h 41m
10 MEDIUM DEER ANTLER TINES 1 A GRADE JEWELRY KEY CHAINS CRAFT DOG CHEW
Time Remaining: 29d 17h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $14.25
20 Deer Antler Tine Tips Crafts
Time Remaining: 28d 3h 5m
Buy It Now for only: $15.00
5 pt Wyoming Elk antler shed western decor natural mule deer craft horn garden
Time Remaining: 28d 23h 18m
Buy It Now for only: $49.99
2 Med WY FORKY Mule Deer Antlers horns sheds western decor cabin craft elk
Time Remaining: 25d 22h 18m
Buy It Now for only: $36.99
11 Deer Antler Dog Chew Treats Crafts Stag
$14.39 (2 Bids)
Time Remaining: 1h 41m
2 Sweet Matching Mule Deer Antlers horns sheds western decor cabin craft elk
Time Remaining: 23d 5h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $110.00
Cute 3 point Idaho Elk Antler shed western decor natural mule deer craft horn
Time Remaining: 19d 2h 7m
Buy It Now for only: $36.54
3 FORKY Mule Deer Antlers Dog Chews horns sheds western decor craft cabin elk
Time Remaining: 25d 16h 56m
Buy It Now for only: $16.99
BIG TYPICAL Mule Deer Antler horn shed western decor craft
Time Remaining: 21d 2h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $42.49
21 whitetail deer shed antlers taxidermy craft horns dog chews
$67.66 (20 Bids)
Time Remaining: 1h 49m
10 lbs of Elk Deer Antler Dog Chew Treats Crafts knife handles
Time Remaining: 14d 3h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $148.00
Craft Wyoming 3 Point Mule Deer Shed Antler horn western decor cabin elk
Time Remaining: 29d 1h 16m
Buy It Now for only: $33.00
2 HARDWHITE 4PT Mule Deer Antlers horns sheds western decor cabin craft elk
Time Remaining: 29d 3h 22m
Buy It Now for only: $52.99
Things To Craft With Deer Antlers
You're probably eager to get your hands going and start a new project using some deer antlers. Be advised, though, some deer antler crafts are more difficult to make than others. Here are some ideas for you to consider:
- Picture Frames - The first item I ever made with authentic deer antlers was a picture frame. You can craft a simple deer antler picture frame by binding a few small antler sheds (or pieces) to create a border of a frame you already have. just place on each side and then fit a glass or hard plastic cover over the center.
- Lamps - Deer antler lamps give a unique, rustic look that will brighten up any home or cabin. Crafting one is fairly simple with the proper tools, and it's a great item for beginners to craft. You can find blueprints that walk you through the steps to making one online.;
- Knives - Crafting a deer antler knife isn't recommended for beginners, as it's easy to cut yourself when trying to place the blade in the antler. If you do intend on trying to craft your own antler knife, use extreme caution and wrap duct tape around the blade to help prevent accidental cuts. Once the knife is complete, you can then remove the protective tape.
- Chandeliers - Arguably one of the most difficult items to craft are deer antler chandeliers. They are stunning to look at and will instantly add a new focal point to your home. Crafting one of these chandeliers will typically require a large supply of shed antlers, so make sure you have plenty of sheds on hand before attempting this project.
- Letter Opener - This is something that can actually be crafted by a simple piece of deer antler. Using medium-grit sandpaper, sand down a small point until its thin enough to break open a letter. Once the antler is rubbed down enough, it should create a sharp enough point that penetrates right through your typical mail and letter. Alternatively, you can also make deer antler letter openers by placing an actual blade in the tip of the antler.
Crafting your own items with deer antlers is something that has boomed with popularity over recent years. It's fun, easy and allows you to express your creative side. Plus, you get some beautiful looking antler items out of it that you can show off or give to friends. So the next time you're sitting around the house being bored, go grab your tools and antler sheds and get to work! With a little bit of work and some of your spare time, you can transform some otherwise ordinary antlers into an attractive decorative accessory for your home.
You can find more ideas for deer antler projects by looking online. The few minutes it takes to browse some of these sites can help spark some ideas and bring out your creative side. When starting, remember to take your time and work with smaller projects until you gain some experience. Even if your mind is dead-set on crafting an elaborate chandelier to hang in your home, chances are you won't be able to successfully craft one your very first time. Chandeliers require the proper electrical knowledge and experience with wiring. Instead, start on a picture frame or letter opener using antlers, as both of these items are easier and quicker to make.
Remember, antler crafts can also be given as gifts for birthdays or other special occasions. If a friend or family member you know of is an active outdoorsman, chances are they will love anything made with antlers. As long as you have some spare antler sheds on hand, you can make as many gifts as you need. Of course you'll likely need to purchase super glue, wiring or other supplies from your local craft store, but those are the only other costs associated with making antler items. Besides, a uniquely stylish and functional antler item is a welcomed change from the typical pair of socks or tie.